It’s amazing to me how life throws out trials and how we deal with them. Just a little background on our lives so far, Keith lost his job in May. He was working for a company that has seen better times. We knew that this would be approaching us, but didn't take heed; hence he has been working odd jobs until he can get back into Banner Health. He has had interviews and the people want to hire, but according to them policy is to hire from within first. So, we just go day to day. We are doing OK. The bills are getting paid and we ar
e so lucky to be where we are. 
Now that said, we have figured out ways to keep ourselves busy this summer. We have had small projects stored up for summer fun, so we are delving into them in hopes of keeping ourselves busy. Delia recently got a makeup lesson from a friend who is famous in the makeup world (that’s right folks, she won a Zoni award) and then we took some pictures. It seems just being girls and hanging out is a lot of fun.
We feel blessed at this time because this situation has given us a new perspective on life. When both of us are working, we tend to just keep going (I am like the energizer bunny and good full steam ahead 100%) and we don’t enjoy the moments we are given. Our family has come up to a new level of love and understanding and we all seem to be on the same page. Of course, I get summers off and will start up the chaos again in August, but this pause in life is great.
Some of you are wondering how we are making it all work…..well somehow the Lord provides and we make due. One of the interesting things I have been able to do is get off all meds and see how my body reacts to not being pumped full of hormones and westernized drugs I had to be on daily to keep going. I seem to be more tired, but it actually feels good. I might consider a different route with herbs and natural healing. I am telling you this is probably what my family needed most and it just feels great. Not that I am recommending it to anyone, but if you are in this situation, enjoy the moment because this too shall pass. As Joseph B. Wirthlin said, “Come what may and love it!”
Now that said, we have figured out ways to keep ourselves busy this summer. We have had small projects stored up for summer fun, so we are delving into them in hopes of keeping ourselves busy. Delia recently got a makeup lesson from a friend who is famous in the makeup world (that’s right folks, she won a Zoni award) and then we took some pictures. It seems just being girls and hanging out is a lot of fun.
We feel blessed at this time because this situation has given us a new perspective on life. When both of us are working, we tend to just keep going (I am like the energizer bunny and good full steam ahead 100%) and we don’t enjoy the moments we are given. Our family has come up to a new level of love and understanding and we all seem to be on the same page. Of course, I get summers off and will start up the chaos again in August, but this pause in life is great.
Some of you are wondering how we are making it all work…..well somehow the Lord provides and we make due. One of the interesting things I have been able to do is get off all meds and see how my body reacts to not being pumped full of hormones and westernized drugs I had to be on daily to keep going. I seem to be more tired, but it actually feels good. I might consider a different route with herbs and natural healing. I am telling you this is probably what my family needed most and it just feels great. Not that I am recommending it to anyone, but if you are in this situation, enjoy the moment because this too shall pass. As Joseph B. Wirthlin said, “Come what may and love it!”
No comments:
Post a Comment