Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Finally!!!

So I pretend to know how to interpreter and work as one in the public school system. (JK)I have been interpreting for 7 years now. In Jan 2005 the state made a law that all working interpreters in the public school system (K-12) need to meet state standards which means they must pass this test called the EIPA. (Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment) This means that I had until Jan 2009 to pass with a 3.5 or I was not able to work in the state as a working educational interpreter. Because I was so focused driven on other goals (another degree in linguistics), I somehow failed to realize my time was coming to a close. After realizing my mistake I was forced into taking some classes to prepare me to take the test. I took the test in June and got a 3.4. I couldn't believe it...... so close. I am not the greatest test taker around and put a lot of pressure on me to perform and in doing so I forget to include small simple things. After getting my results back from the June testing, I was horrified to see that my time working was coming to a close. So I retook the test again for the last time on Oct. 4th. Yesterday I got my results and FINALLY.....I PASSED. I am so relieved that I am OK for now and I still have my job. It's not that working for a Junior High is the best ever, but the job can be very exciting and you never stop learning or seeing what the kids are up to these days. (some of the things I see just might scare you)
I am so excited to be moving on with my life in some areas and thank all of you for your support in my efforts. Now I am able to focus on my schooling again and maybe we will see where this takes me now. I love life and what it throws at me.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

That is so awesome! It always feels good to work hard for something and have it pay off. We can't wait to see you guys for Christmas!