So, I have gotten so many calls and inquiries regarding my cancer, and my other womanly issues. If you knew be better, I would post something if it was relevant. So here is the down low. Yes, I still have my silly little cancer thing on my thyroid. Will I ever get my thyroid removed? Possibly. I don't think jumping at something without figuring out how it got there should be the solution and end all to this problem. Yes, it is still growing....but wait, very slowly. Do I have 10 years to wait as originally thought? No. I will have to do something, but in the meantime I am working on my other issues as well. Mind you that this is not a killer cancer, it only destroyed my thyroid and the workings of it. This means almost every body system has a connection to it and therefore is suffereing. Don't think I am crazy. I am on medication for the counter affects of it all, but that doesn't seem to be doing its job properly. I have an array of meds that try and balance everything, but you know how medicine is....no one really knows what exactly to do, so you become a human guinea pig and just wait to see what happens. So that is my situation with that right now.
As some of you may know, this was all caused because of my PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) you can read up on that from one of my past posts. Well, this has caused a slew of problems for my body. I have other surgeries to contemplate (hysterectomy or removal of my ovaries), but am not in any hurry to do so. Of course, that is not the end of my list, but that is top priority. If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask and I would be happy to explain.
I do have to admit that I have some of the greatest group of doctors (except my endocrinologist), but they don't have good communication skills with each other. It's a matter of bringing my files where ever I go and update each one as to what is going on and latest lab results.
So, that is me in a nut shell. One big health mess, but I am alive and doing just fine. I wish I had more energy to do more, but what I do is fine with me. My kids are the greatest and I couldn't of asked for anything better. Keith does what he can and is always there for support and my medical secretary.
I am just thrilled that we are moving into a nice house, and that our lives are going so well right now. I am thankful to be alive and getting to experience all this, so that I can share it with all of you. So life goes on…….
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. i wonder about that all the time but hate to be a party pooper and bring it up. You are a great example to everyone on staying positive and living life to the fullest even when trials are among us!
Post a Comment