Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day





Today was so busy. We have had such a busy week and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Keith got the girls a rose and a card for "V" Day, and then surprised me with Tulips and a card when I got home from work. Yes, that's right. I woke up real early in the morning to show up to interpret for a student at7:15 am. I finally finished at 10:45am and rushed home.



We had (had to...or got to!) to go back out to our house to do a walk-through so the seller can fix anything before we move in. Needless to say, there wasn't anything to put on the list to have fixed. We got to spend most of our day going through every inch of our new house. We also met our neighbors, who can't wait for us to move in. After spending most of our day out at the new house, we went around to Lowe's and other stores to dream and make lists of what we want to add to the house. Most of things we want to do require good money (as opposed to bad money?), but I am not worried.....all in due time.



I have to let you know that Kaylee accomplished her goal of passing her spelling tests for two weeks in a row with 100%. There is a reason for the story, so hold on. You see Kaylee has dyslexia (which she doesn't know she has, because we have never told her. I don't want her to use that as an excuse) and struggles with spelling, especially when there are 30 words a week to memorize and spell correctly. She was failing and so we told her if she passes with a 100% for two weeks in a row then we will buy her Heelys. Well she has tried at this for the past year and finally got two 100%'s in as row. Here is where I tie it all together, so we spent the rest of our evening going around trying to find some Heelys for her. She got them and hasn't taken them off. I am so proud of her for never giving up on her goals. You see, my girls are in an accelerated school and sometimes struggle with the amount of work they have to do just to keep up.



So, that was my "V" day, very busy, but oh so wonderful. I just love being married to a guy who just goes and goes with me. I must be very special to have found him. Have a great Valentine's Day.

No comments: