It has been a very busy few weeks. We are finally settled and getting things set up. We finally bought all new wood blinds for the whole house so it looks uniform and we also installed new fans and lighting in all the rooms. We are also in the process of getting the screens taken care of with solar screen so it will save us on our bills. Keith has been working on the grass and watering system in the back yard and we were able to get weeds taken care of in the front and back. I can't believe all the work that comes with getting house of this size, but we have enjoyed every minute of getting the opportunity to putting it all together.
Keith and I both got called as the CTR 7B class teachers (no surprise there over half the ward is i there). Those are the kids that are 6 turning 7 this year. There are two classes of this age group, but we claim to have the best of them all. Keith is so happy in this calling and loves being around the younger children. Because our primary is so big (180 kids) it is so fun to sit in sharing time and not be able to hear a darn thing, but to watch all the interaction with the kids. We also got called to speak in church 2 weeks ago and well.....lets just say it was not the most spiritual or reverent talk I have given. I spoke way to long that they had Keith share his testimony and we did without our rest hymn. OOPS. Oh well, I love relating life and real experiences to the gospel, it just seems to make it more tangible.
Delia is doing so much with the girls in this ward. She has finally gotten to a place that I have been longing for, for such a long time. Last week she stood up in church and shared the most beautiful testimony I have ever heard. It truly came from her heart. The reason for this moment was on Friday and Saturday the youth partook in a "Book of Mormon Marathon". The goal was to read it in 24 hours. My hope was for her to appreciate her leaders and gain appreciation for the gospel. They started on Friday at 5 pm and then accomplished this goal on Saturday around 10:30 pm. She was so excited that it motivated her to read on her own everyday. It also gave her the opportunity to hear the stories related close to one another instead of weeks apart or lessons apart. This ward does so much for their youth. There are activities every week, mutual and sometimes on Sunday with a "Bishops night". She feels so at home and is finally wanting to get her goals done and be up to date with completing them. I knew that by moving into this ward she was finally going to get that foundation that has been missing for the past 3 years of her life.
Well, school is out in a few weeks and Keith's parents are coming down on Mother's Day weekend to visit. Keith is really looking forward to seeing his dad here and being able to spend time with them. This move was the best thing we could have done for our family, and we look forward to all the many wonderful things we get to do in the coming days, months, and years.
1 comment:
It sounds like you guys are doing SO well!!! I'm glad to haer it! My mom told me they would be coming down and I am soooo jealous!
Post a Comment