So we finally did it and moved into our new house, and we absolutely love it. We don't have it all decorated and everything is not in it's place, but it sure feels like home. We attended church as official members and love having a place to come home to. We were recruited into choir and because our ward is only 1/2 mile radius, Delia and I walked to choir and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Delia loves, loves, loves her new Young Women and leaders. She just raves about all the activities and things they do as a unit and just can't stop talking about how much she loves everybody. There are 19 girls and 2 more are getting the discussions right now. I am so glad to see her happy. Kaylee still isn’t sure about her situation with the ward. She is shy and so it might take her a longer time to get used to being the new girl among the 12 girls in her class.
I have enjoyed just going to church and being able to sit with Keith and listen to the lessons.
Eventually we are going to have a house-warming party and invite everyone who is willing to drive the distance to have a great time.
I do want to thank all those who have supported us and helped us to get where we are today.
This week is Spring Break and my goal was to get the whole house done, but between all the doctor appointments and one day to drive into Phoenix to take a test, I can only say that things just didn't get as far as I wanted.
I do have to let you know that I took the written portion of the National Interpreter Certificate (NIC) test to be certified nationally and lo and behold.....I passed. I don't know how, but I passed. I am not going to question the good graces of blessings so I will leave it at that. I am now able to get my provisional license and start terping for agency to get community experience so I can get fully certified when I am ready. Once again, blessings for the family.
We have found time to relax and enjoy this week. The girls spent all day swimming at Marks house and didn't put on sun screen and got burnt really bad. Next time, I guess they will learn their lesson. Swimming can be fun, but your skin can't take all the Arizona sun and needs to be protected.
Wow, now that I have talked your ear off. I will write more often that way you won’t see these huge blogs that completely bore you to death. Until then......smile.
1 comment:
Hey Beth,
I'm so glad you guys love your new ward! I don't know why but it always makes church that much more special! We still haven't moved in yet but should be closing in the next week or so!!! But we wish you guys the best of luck on everything! And congrats on passing your test!
Post a Comment