
I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with the Mayo Clinic and how they run their operations. A few months ago my new Primary Care Provider recommended me to go and see the doctors at the Mayo Clinic. I hadn’t really thought about it, but she did all the work and referred me there. My first visit was very nerve-racking and I didn’t know what to expect. The doctor we met with was simply amazing. He was ready and waiting to tell us exactly what is going on and why, which is something no other doctor has been able to do. All other doctors I have seen all tell me to have my thyroid removed and by not doing so I become a liability for their practice and ask me to find someone else to go to. I knew in my heart that surgery was never the answer. If they remove my thyroid then I will have to be on medication the rest of my life. So I opted out every time, fully aware of what risks I was taking with a possibility of a metastasizing cancer or potential cancer. The biopsies I have received a few years ago indicated a carcinoma nodule on my right thyroid and was growing ever so slightly but not enough to be alarmed about.
Now with Dr. Argueta’s help at the Mayo Clinic we have re-biopsied and re-dissected the slides of my cells, redone the ultrasounds, new blood workup and with great in depth discussion we now have the conclusion to all this mess. My diagnosis goes as follows…A thyroid adenoma which is a benign thyroid tumor. YES! This means that we just sit and watch it and make sure it doesn’t turn into something different. See people, not what everyone originally thought. No worries for me. I am happy with the work they put into my case. Now some ask if there is potential of it growing more or becoming something bad, of course there is always the alternative, but for now there is nothing to worry about. The only way to get it out would be surgery and that is not what I need right now. It’s not really causing harm and growth has pretty much stopped. I do have to go in once in a while and check it, but I am ok with doing that since I won’t have to be on meds the rest of my life for this one little thing. Now I can move on to bigger and better things and quite worrying about what the doctors will tell me next….well at least with my thyroid.
No comments:
Post a Comment