Saturday, January 29, 2011


Every year we look for opportunities to serve the community we live in and this year, as one of our first volunteer jobs we helped out with "London’s Run". It’s a great way to meet new people and help those in need. This year one of the recipients of the proceeds went to a young 13 year old in our stake who is battling Acute Myeloid Leukemia. We volunteered last year and had a really good time, so I thought it would be a great way to start the New Year. We had a wonderful time and the girls actually enjoyed themselves. This year there was well over 1500 runners and sure was a sight to see.
I believe it’s important to get involved and show your children that there is more to life than our little family. We are now putting a team together for the “Fight for Air Asthma Walk” to raise awareness of asthma. Since Delia has had many life challenges with her asthma, I think it would be wise to get her more involved with her own disease and open our eyes to others who deal with this as well. I am hoping to get a large group organized and look forward to posting the upcoming event. It doesn’t take place until April 2nd, but there is still a lot to do before then.
Here is a little pointer to life. If you’re feeling down in the dumps and can’t seem to get out of a rut, go out and find a way to serve others. I am sure your spirits will be lifted and your heart will be filled with the joy you bring to others!

No comments: