

This past week went by so fast I can hardly stand it. Keith was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Elders Quorum. It's not exactly what he expected, but he is up for the challenge. The ward we currently attend seems to come with some challenging situations that he is going to need to step up to the plate and accept some responsibility. It’s all good because this will only prepare him for what is to come. Some of you were asking what he is doing, and he is not working at the hospital anymore, but working for True Results. It is a lap-band surgery center. He runs the back office staff and tries real hard to please his employees and is very good with his patients. He has a certain gift that I know people who are not his patients notice. He is gentle, kind and understanding. Not something I can say for most men, but that's why I married him. Gosh I love that man!
Delia got called as the Beehive President again. The reason I say again is because for the past year she was the President, but because she was the only beehive she had to only responsible for herself. We finally got a new beehive that moved up from primary and now there are two, so she is really excited to see where this goes. Delia would also like everyone to know that she got her braces changed to a different color in celebration of Halloween. She picked out black on silver. She is way excited about the change. She has also just recently made a huge change in her life and got fitted for contacts. She says that feels free from glasses and now she really can hide away and read without pushing up her glasses on her face. She is gradually making that change to maturing although I am still not allowing makeup for another year or so. She is a natural beauty and doesn’t need makeup anyway. (I would love some support on that one!)
Kaylee just finished her primary presentation on Sunday and as always there were all so cute. On Friday we traveled far, thanks to craigslist.com, and got her pet rat a new cage. She is very fond of Sammy (her rat). We got a palace, so dad and Kaylee spent all weekend making the new house ready for the unveiling ceremony for Sammy. It includes 3 stories, ramps (ingeniously invented by Keith) that reach to all three levels, a hammock, a house with soft bedding, play toys, a nice big dish for food, a new water container, a dowel for balancing and more toys. It truly is amazing to see what we are willing to do for our pets. Sammy went crazy as the introduction ceremony began and he is so thrilled to be free and have so much room to run around in. GO SAMMY!
I am feeling OK this week just really tired. I have decided to start adding iodine drops to my medicine routine. We shall see the outcome of this little therapy. I had a slew of labs done this week and go in two weeks to go over results with my Endo. I also had new ultrasounds done. I am not a doctor, but I have done so many of these I am able to read the measurements on the side. (Disclaimer -I don't claim to be a doctor, nor do I have any training in this area, but sure could be one with all the experience) When I finally get the real readings I will let you know. I can tell you that my cancer is growing, but ever so slightly. If this pattern continues I don't think I can wait 10 years to have it taken care of, but we shall see where this all takes me. To top off my weekend I was able to go and interpret for a missionary farewell in a singles ward for a friend. First I have to say that I am so glad that I never have to travel through the meat market again and my heart goes out to all those who try so hard, and wish them all the best of luck. Second, there is something about the spirit that abides in a singles ward. It seems as though it lingers longer. It might be because there are no screaming kids or crying babies, or kids asking us silly questions to distract us from recognizing that spirit for example “Is there a baby in there?” Yes, I enjoyed myself and it was funfest for my eyes.
So that is our latest update on the fam. Hope you enjoyed, by the way….Congrats goes out to the Gail’s.
2 comments:
Wow, it sounds like you guys had a busy week! I am so excited to see you in December I can hardly stand it!!!!! I'll probably bring the kids down during the week because Ethan will be working and we want to come play. We will remember to keep your health in our prayers. Thanks for the congrats :)
I am glad to hear you all are doing so well. Your girls are gorgeous, but I am sure you already knew that! We are excited, along with Hill, for christmas! It will be great to get to know you guys better!
Post a Comment