Sunday, November 9, 2008

SNOWFLAKE!


This weekend we had the opportunity to go up to Snowflake for the baptism of Savannah Johnson. She is the daughter of Veronica (Keith's sister) and Steve Johnson. I do have to say that we do not or have not spent time with this part of Keith’s family for whatever reasons. This time we were invited and decided enough time has gone by that a visit would be needed for our families to reminisce on old times and build memories for everyone to remember. So much time had elapsed since we have seen everyone (sad I know) that everyone’s lives are so different and everyone is so much older (which only makes me feel older) I think it was a good visit with a few little family surprises. J
The one thing that we discussed as we drove home is that no matter what, family should always be there to support one another regardless of the circumstance. I really wish that Keith had a better relationship with this side of his family. It’s hard keeping up with mine alone considering there are 28 of us and we are still growing. Sometimes we just have to make the time to sit down and just talk it out. After all, in the end it will be those relationships we build on earth that will carry with us into the eternities. If we don’t start now, it will only get worse there.
There are so many great people from all three sides of the family. I know what you are thinking….three sides? Keith has two families. One that he has with his mother, Marjorie Van Horn and another he has with his father, Don Brown. I have my own family to deal with, but that is another story, so that makes three families. Everyone is very special to us and even though they don’t know it, we love each and every one of them. Keith commented on how he has missed out and really wanted to see the nephews he felt more close to.
It was great to go and witness such an event and to support those decisions that Savannah has made. I am sure that we will start to build on those relationships that mean so much to both Keith and I, regardless if it’s a negative thing or positive. In spite of everything, always remember that families are forever.

No comments: