
So, I have to admit that we have not made it to our own ward in a very long time. Between all the priesthood blessings, baptisms, ward shopping (once), Thanksgiving and Christmas, we have missed roughly two months of our ward. It's not like we are not attending and becoming inactive, it's just that we have such a large family that when the call comes to participate....we go. I also must confess that I don't make it a point to really go to our ward if we have to. My daughter (Delia) has struggled with this ward since she got into the young woman program. She has never felt included or enjoyed being around the leaders and the girls who are there. I really hate that at times I have had to fight about the true purpose of church and what it will mean to her in the future. I am sad though because this is such a crucial time for a young woman to gain a strong foundation in the gospel as she begins to go through YW program and work with leaders. This however is not the case for this ward, and it has always been a constant strug
gle. One of the main reasons I desperately want to move, is to get into a ward where she feels welcomed, and encircled by the girls and young woman leadership.
I remember growing up and really loving the program and gaining such a testimony from what it had to offer.
So, as we went to church today, things have changed in the eyes of Delia about this ward. I am quite surprised to hear how she loved it so much and can't wait to go back.
I never thought I would hear her say how much she enjoys this ward. There were a few changes within the young woman leadership, but also she got two new teachers for Sunday school.
I am so excited to have my kids finally enjoying this ward.......now that I have made a decision to move out. I am hoping that she will gain a testimony of this program and how it can truly help her for what future responsibilities that is to come. I just have to remind her that the gospel will always be perfect; it’s the people who aren’t.
Of course, now that I say all this……we will be gone again next Sunday for the homecoming of my baby sister Heidi Witbeck from her mission to Washington D.C. North.
So more to come………….
gle. One of the main reasons I desperately want to move, is to get into a ward where she feels welcomed, and encircled by the girls and young woman leadership.I remember growing up and really loving the program and gaining such a testimony from what it had to offer.
So, as we went to church today, things have changed in the eyes of Delia about this ward. I am quite surprised to hear how she loved it so much and can't wait to go back.
I never thought I would hear her say how much she enjoys this ward. There were a few changes within the young woman leadership, but also she got two new teachers for Sunday school.
I am so excited to have my kids finally enjoying this ward.......now that I have made a decision to move out. I am hoping that she will gain a testimony of this program and how it can truly help her for what future responsibilities that is to come. I just have to remind her that the gospel will always be perfect; it’s the people who aren’t.
Of course, now that I say all this……we will be gone again next Sunday for the homecoming of my baby sister Heidi Witbeck from her mission to Washington D.C. North.
So more to come………….
No comments:
Post a Comment