Saturday, July 24, 2010

Catching up

It's been such a long time since I have taken the time to put anything on here. There is so much that has happened these past months. So let me begin with Delia. She started High School last week and I am completly beside myself. I can't believe she is that old and that means I am that old. She loves her new school. She is attend a fully digital High School where everything is online. Which means they walk around with laptops instead of books and notebooks. Everything in the school is all connected to her laptop and so its a whole new world all around for her. It's a new adventure and she is more than happy to get aboard.
Delia also has had some breakthrough with her asthma. Due to some very incredible doctors they figured out that she has "Allergy Asthma". This means that her lungs are full of IGE's and thats why she continues to have problems. We are on a new drug that is simply amazing (we hope it works) to help her lungs clear out those IGE's and allow her to breath. We wont know for a while but we are hopeful that this will stop all of her hospital stays and lung collapses.
She was lucky enough to attend girls camp this summer. She wasn't able to do everything the others girls were able to do, but at least she got to go. Her lungs weren't doing so good and we were advised not to let her go (because her lungs were bad), but it was girls camp and we knew she was in good hands.
Kaylee has been enjoying the summer. She is going into 6th grade and can't wait to begin again. She is looking forward to her birthday because she will be 12 years old and that means .... young womens. YIKES. I can't believe both of my kids will be in mutual. It does scare me a little, but I will get over it.
Keith is still working for MyDR.Now and enjoys the staff. He is really good at what he does, but Keith is anxious to go back to school. So we'll see where that takes us.
I am getting ready to get back to work at the school. I took the summer off and have enjoyed being with my girls and hanging out with them. This summer we worked on our geneology and found some amazing finds. My mom came up for a few days to help us work and its amazing to know who our ancestors were. I can't believe how many of our family lines include those from written history and scripture heroes. I am so blessed. My health is pretty much the same old thing. Before summer my doctor worked and found out that I have some kind of adrenal disease or mishap which could be the reason for all my endocrine system going downhill. I have more appointments scheduled and more ultrasounds to go to, so its never a dull moment. After my last surgery in November, I signed up with Anesthia Awareness group to do a study on why people wake up during surgery. I am pretty fortunate that I am able to recall most of the surgery and help give them answers to why this happens. Its been a real eye-opener.
We took a trip to Utah to see the Browns side of the family and had a great time. We really want to go back so we can work on doing some geneology work with Keiths dad. We always love it when we can head up north and get out of the heat here in the valley.
Well, that is our family for now. I will have to get better at keeping you up to date on how the family is doing and how things are progressing. For now....

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Yay I love the update! And my dads side of the family needs some SERIOUS genealogy help!! I have done some investigating but I am at a dead end.